Thursday, November 3, 2022

My Top 5 News Sources

 1. Barstool Sports Podcasts

Podcasts in general are my favorite source of information and learning. Barstool Sports really blows the podcast game out of the water. Every single one of their productions are well thought out, researched, on top of current news and hilarious. At current, Barstool has released 31 podcasts that have all become extremely successful. If you have not listened to any podcasts produced by Barstool, I would suggest starting with "BFFs" starring Dave Portnoy, Josh Richards, and Brianna Chickenfry. If this show does not pull you in, I do not know what will!

Barstool Sports


2. Fox News Instagram

The second favorite source for daily news is the Fox News main Instagram page. This channel supplies updates on politics, Hollywood scandals, sports, social media, and other major stories. Although Fox News receives a lot of heat for being conservative, I think they are the quickest news channel to deliver interesting stories. I am able to hear about the news first through their speedy social media, while also doing my own research on the topic.

Fox News: US & World Headlines on the App Store

3. Twitter

Twitter is by far the fastest acting social media. If there is breaking news, you know your twitter feed is going to be blowing up. @cnnbrk and @TheEconomist are both great resources for news on Twitter. I suggest putting on your post notifications to stay up to date on all of the current news. 

The Twitter rules: safety, privacy, authenticity, and more

4. Tik Tok

Although Tik Tok is mostly used for light entertainment, it is an excellent resource for a quick news with a lot of details. There are specific accounts that can be followed to keep up with different genres of news like politics, celebrities, global news, etc. You are also able to search specific topics that you would like to know more about and thousands of videos will be at your fingertips. For example, when Gabby Petito was missing, Tik Tok was flooded with video updates regarding the case. During that time, it was an excellent way to keep updated and quickly. 

TikTok | Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance

5. Snapchat

Finally, Snapchat is a great way to quickly receive important news. The recently added discover page provides dozens of news stories a day. You can subscribe to the ones that interest you the most to pin them on the top of the page. After you subscribe to certain channels, the rest of your discover page then caters to your interests. They cover sports, politics, scandals, beauty, and much more. I would recommend snapchat for a quick update throughout the day. 

Snapchat (@Snapchat) / Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post: My Relationship with Technology

Growing up in my generation, there was not a point in my life where I did not have technology at my fingertips. I, as well as my peers, rely...