Sunday, November 20, 2022

Antiwar Voices

It was so interesting exploring antiwar.com and The American Conservative because I have never heard discussions of these opinions in mainstream news sources. I read a few different articles on each of these websites including, “US to deploy over 100 unmanned vessels to the Persian gulf,” and “Israel’s arms exports flourish amid Ukraine war, Iran and Abraham accords.” Both of these articles gave a different perspective than all mainstream news that is pumped out. 


Although our first amendment is supposed to protect our freedom of speech and press, mainstream news still follows a lot of restrictions that most consumers do not even realize. One reason there are restrictions is because most media sources just focus on the business aspect rather than being morally cautious. They want to tell their audience what they want to hear in order to be successful. Secondly, our government does their best to keep things from us that they do not want us to know. They do not want anyone to defy their beliefs or actions. If the United States was openly at war with each other, this would make us seem easy to attack, especially if there was widespread anti war belief.  


The United States, although not completely censorship free, has it a lot better than other countries. Censorship affects us more than we will ever truly realize. It is vital to educate yourself by reading through multiple news sources with different views and propaganda. I will now use antiwar.com and The American Conservative to learn more about the point of views that I have been missing before I was introduced to them. 


https://www.antiwar.com/latest.php

https://archive.ph/qcB7l

https://news.antiwar.com/2022/11/20/us-to-deploy-over-100-unmanned-vessels-to-the-persian-gulf/

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post: My Relationship with Technology

Growing up in my generation, there was not a point in my life where I did not have technology at my fingertips. I, as well as my peers, rely...